The Museum

Prior to 1920, the origins of the Stanford Hotel site was a village General Dealer’s Store. In 1920, the Hotel was added and the General Dealer’s Store converted into a men’s pub.

The Stanford Museum, which is essentially a small replica of a General Dealer’s Store, is a private collection of vintage fashion, accessories, haberdashery, and bridalwear spanning over 100 years from 1900.

The museum itself is currently only open to hotel guests but periodically displays vintage theatre in the Hotel’s big window which is accessible to the public.

All the fashion displayed is authentic. Different era’s are all originals.